Services We Provide
- Help with grant proposal development
- Critique and edit drafts of grant proposals
- Manage the development of complex grant proposals
- Articulate broader impacts
- Find appropriate funding opportunity announcements (FOAs)
- Facilitate a pre-submission peer review
- Coordinate training grant preparation
- Provide guidance for compliant proposal submission
- Prepare budgets and required documents required by sponsor guidelines
- Advise PIs regarding proper justification for allowable research costs
- Coordinate proposal submission with SPA
- Manage award setup, closeout, and award transfer
- Review and communicate award terms and conditions and reporting requirements
- Provide guidance and insight into proper management of research awards
- Management: account setup, PI budget monthly reports, monitor monthly expenditures for compliance with award terms and conditions, process financial transactions, PCS, and cost share reports
- Subawards: initiate subaward agreements, preparation of amendments, generate PO, monitor invoices and payments
- Negotiated salary spreadsheet, fund manager form, coordinate application submission to Biosci Personnel
- Award transfers (incoming/outgoing): coordinate transfer with external institution, complete relinquishing statements and unobligated amount
- Award Revisions: coordinate with SPA and Sponsor regarding change in the scope of work, change in level of effort for key personnel, revised budgets, and other modifications of award terms and conditions.
- Annual Reporting: RPPR, interim and financial reports
- Carryforward and NCE requests: prior approval requests for effort change, rebudget, equipment acquisition, prepare PHS 398 forms, coordinate correspond with sponsor and SPA, work with C&G accounting to extend award
- Closeout: final reporting requirements, transfer or termination of fellowship (xtrain) awards, coordinate FIS with SPA
- Support preparation of Department account reports
- Procurement related activities (Faculty and Extramural accounts): Requisition review and approval, PALCard review and approval
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations works closely with faculty to identify funding opportunities, assist them with grant applications, nurture relationships with organizations and help plan visits and site visits. The office also manages institutional relationships between corporate foundations, private foundations, and associations and the University of California, Irvine. Corporate and Foundation Relations is happy to assist BioSci faculty with corporate- and foundation-related proposals. Please reach out to them for assistance at UA-FR@exchange.uci.edu.
Submitting a Proposal?
The Research Administration and Development unit is using the form below to collect all the necessary information to submit grant proposals for faculty, postdocs, graduate students, and other researchers in BioSci. Once the form is submitted, a copy of the responses will be sent to the email address listed on the form, and the Pre-Award team will add your request to the proposal queue.